Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Ich bin zurückgekommen!!!

Or...I have returned! That's what I said when I walked into my German language school to sign up for my fall German lessons. I'm going to resume my weekly 90-minute lessons starting at 10:15 a.m. next Tuesday morning. Carmen will still be my teacher, and we'll pick up where we left off at the beginning of June...chapter 23. I'll go up to chapter 36, and THEN I'M DONE!!!! I'm actually looking forward to the lessons starting again. My German language skills have definitely deteriorated during my summer hiatus.
The first order of business this morning was to go to the Reinach town hall and register Dominique's microchip number (which I managed to do in my very poor German). Our town requires that all dogs have microchips inserted, and they must be reported to the town hall. I received a letter about this "requirement" last year, but our veterinarian - Dr. Buser - told me that it was optional, not required. So, although Dominique was microchipped when she was a puppy, and I could have reported the number...I didn't. Dr. Buser did, however, scan Dominique and he wrote the number down for me in her pet passport. About a week ago, a letter came from the town hall basically telling me that I was required to report the microchip number to the town officials by September 30th, and at the bottom of the letter it showed the police had been copied in on the letter....Oh,Oh! So, there I was this morning at 10:30 at the town hall. As it turned out, all the lady did was make a photocopy of the pet passport, and that was it.
After the microchip incident, I took the tram to my German school. After a brief stop at the school, I did a little shopping. I went to Globus (which is kind of the Nordstrom of Switzerland), where I bought a few odds and ends at the gourmet food shop (nice!), and I bought a digital scale in the housewares section. I also wanted to buy some of my skin care lotion (I'm into skin care, what can I say?), but I didn't because the good people at Lab Series seem to want to constantly change the name of their products. So, I'm going to have to go back with the empty tube of Super Lift Off and determine if "Super Duper Nirvana Inducing Bio Morphing Transfixing Lift Off" is the same thing as what I just ran out of. I noticed that they have something called "Age Defying Gel", but it seemed to be the same as "Night Rescue Gel". Man, I'm so confused...maybe I'll just give up and stop fighting off Mother Nature.

No comments: