Thursday, August 05, 2004

We have new Irish next-door neighbors...

I met our new Irish next-door neighbors - Peter and Veronica - today. I actually spoke with Peter a couple of times before, but I didn't meet Veronica until today. They have two kids, and a dog named Toby.
Dominique and Toby kind of snapped and barked at each other when they first met. But, they seemed to be getting along a little better a few minutes later. They'll be OK.
I did a good house cleaning this morning, and then I picked Jo Ann up at work at 11:30. We drove into France and bought some groceries together (we get double the import allowance when we go together). This Saturday is the Tour de Reinach party, so we had to stock up on food and drinks. After dropping Jo Ann off at the office, I drove over to John and Rammy's house to water their garden. When I arrived, some Swiss lady was coming out of their house (she was either robbing it, cleaning it, or taking in the mail...I'm not really sure which one), and I spoke to her for a few minutes. She didn't speak English, so I struggled through a German conversation. She said it had rained at the house last night, so most of the stuff didn't need to be watered (at least that's what I think she said). After she left, I watered a few things that looked a little dry. However, most of the plants did look like they were fine, so I was only there for about 15 minutes. I came home, unloaded the groceries, walked Sam and Toby, walked Dominique, did some laundry, and here I am. Pretty exciting, huh? I actually accomplished most of the things on my things-to-do-list, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Yes, I actually make list everyday.
Time to go feed the beasts...more about Tour de Reinach next time.

No comments: