Monday, April 11, 2005

My morning Mantra...

I drove Mrs. TBF to Basel's EuroAirport this morning, and we left the house at 6:05 a.m. for her 7:00 a.m. flight. On the rare occasion that I have to drive this early in the morning, there is only one thing that goes through my mind - "Must...stay...on...road!" Those are the words that I kept repeating to myself during our fifteen minute drive to the airport. And, I'm happy to report...I did!
I must say that it's incredibly convenient living less than ten kilometers from the airport. We pulled out of our parking garage at 6:05 a.m., I dropped Mrs. TBF off at the departure area at 6:20 a.m., and I was pulling back into our parking garage at 6:35 a.m.
Mrs. TBF is off to New York for a meeting. She'll be there until Wednesday evening, and she'll be back in Basel on Thursday afternoon. Then, I'll be leaving for Chicago on Friday morning. My flight on Friday leaves at....get this...6:05 a.m.!!!! I hope I remember to...."stay....on...road!"
Mrs. TBF is flying to NYC via London on British Airways. That is her new carrier of choice. She hates Swiss and doesn't really feel like always having to take the train to fly out of Zürich. She's worried about United, and she pretty much has to connect in Frankfurt to use them. So, she's started flying from EuroAirport on BA and connecting in London.
Our growing concern over United's future resulted in Mrs. TBF cashing in most of her United miles to fly me to Chicago this Friday. She used something like 180,000 miles to fly me in Business Class (I'm a total diva when it comes to flying. I demand to fly Business Class overseas!!!!) to Chicago. The only problem is that I have to take the early flight to Frankfurt so that I'm assured of making the connection time to Chicago. That means I'll have to wake up at about 4:30 a.m. this Friday morning (9:30 p.m. Chicago time). I'm sure I'll be a wreck by the time I arrive in Chicago. Fortunately, I'll be picked up at the airport and I won't have to worry about "....staying...on...road!"

No comments: