Sunday, August 07, 2005

It's About Time!!!

I just read in my FHM magazine (I know, I'm a pig!) that "The Blues Brothers: 25th Anniversary Edition" DVD will be hitting the shelves on August 30th. All I can say is: IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!
A Blues Brothers DVD has been on my last few "Things to Buy In the U.S." shopping lists when I've traveled to Chicago. And, much to my disappointment, I haven't been able to find one. I started thinking about it, figured out that the 25th anniversary of the movie was coming up, and suspected that a anniversary DVD might be in the works. Lo and behold, my hunch has become reality.
For me, "The Blues Brothers" is the complete movie - comedy, action, music, and (of course) most of it was filmed in Chicago. As a matter of fact, according to FHM:

"Chicago Mayor Jane Byrne lifted a ban on filming movies in the city for Brothers. She gave the crew such unfettered access to the city that it drew criticism and contributed to her loss in the next election bid."

Who knew? Not only is the movie incredibly entertaining, but it also contributed to the political demise of a big-city mayor. "Now dats an excellent movie!"

No comments: